Independent Financial Advice in Penarth, Cardiff, South Wales
I live in Penarth, and offer independent financial and pension advice across Cardiff, Barry, all of South Wales, Bristol and the South West.
In addition to being an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA) I am also a Fellow of the Personal Finance Society (FPFS) and a Chartered Financial Planner, a designation I have held since 2012.
What Chartered Means
Chartered Status is viewed as the profession's gold standard for financial planners. It confirms that every Chartered Financial Planner has completed a suite of advanced professional qualifications equivalent to a bachelor's degree. It also involves a commitment from me to continuing professional development and adherence to the Chartered Insurance Institute’s Code of Ethics. (It also means I can use the snazzy Chartered Financial Planner logo)
I have worked in various roles in financial services since 2001, starting in Principality Building Society and following that with Legal and General, LV= and Dentons, a specialist pension company. In that time have amassed a great deal of experience and technical knowledge and it is nice to be able to apply that knowledge to:
- Ensure you are organised financially (means you can sleep easy)
- Take care of and monitor your finances (means more time for you to do enjoyable stuff)
- Create your plan to achieve what you want in life (means you get to do the things you want to do)
- Financial planning doesn’t need to be stuffy and formal. Pin striped suits and red braces don’t necessarily go hand in hand with sound financial advice.
- Time is one thing you can’t get more of, however with proper planning you can spend more of your time do you things that are important to you and your family.
- Keep things simple and strip away the mind-numbing gobbledegook and jargon.
- Your financial plan should be optimised to share as of little of your wealth as possible with the tax man (legally).
- A joined up, integrated approach between professional services, such as your accountant or solicitor is essential
The initial financial consultation is complimentary and without obligation.